The 5 Lakes Lodge is dedicated to the comfort of all of its guests and the following policies have been designed to ensure an enjoyable stay. Policies are subject to change as required.
- Check In Policy: Check-in time is from 3:00-6:00 PM. Please enter via the ramp and door on the backside of the lodge. Early check-in is generally not an option as that’s the time of day when we are all busy preparing for guests’ arrival and taking care of any necessary errands. If you would like to check in early, please call us 24-48 hours before your arrival date to see if this can be accommodated. There will be a $50.00 fee charged to your credit card for check ins prior to 3:00 PM. If you expect to arrive after 6pm, please call the Inn at 207-723-5045 so we can confirm that someone will be here when you arrive or provide instructions to help you find your way to your room.
- Check Out Policy: Check-out is 11 A.M. for the main lodge and 10 A.M for the Eagle’s nest. A $50.00 fee will be charged for a late check -out.
- Cancellation Policy: The 5 Lakes Lodge is a small quaint lodge therefore we are significantly affected by cancellations and must adhere to a strict cancellation policy. For cancellations made more than 21 days before your scheduled arrival date your deposit will be refunded, less a $50 processing fee. For cancellations made 21 days or less prior to your arrival date you are responsible for and you will be charged for the full reservation unless we are able to re-book the room, in which case, only the cancellation fee will be charged. We require 30 days cancellation notice for July, August, Major Holidays, Special Events and Christmas Prelude. There are no exceptions to our cancellation policy.
- Deposit Policy: A deposit of 50% of your total stay is due at booking. Minimum of 2 nights.
- Childcare: The Inn is appropriate for children in a limited number of rooms, with a parent or guardian. Children under age 18 are not allowed to stay in any room without a parent or guardian. Please contact the Inn directly 207-723-5045.
- Pets Welcome? Service dogs only. We are happy to provide a dog bed and extra towels to help keep your pet cozy and comfortable. In consideration of the comfort of all of our guests, and to preserve the condition of our high quality linens and furnishings, we request that your service dog be kept off of guestroom beds and furniture! Service dogs must be accompanied by their owners at all times. Service dogs are not allowed in any common areas of the inn, including the dining room. Service dogs are welcome to join their owners on our patio during breakfast service as long as they’re quiet and on leash. Under no circumstances may service dogs be left uncrated and unattended in the guest room for any period of time During so may forfeit the remainder of your reservation without refund. Owners must ensure that their service dogs are quiet and pick up after them. Any damage caused by your service dogs’s visit will be charged to your credit card. Service dogs must be kept on a leash outside.
- Additional Guests: All rates are based on single or double occupancy and each guestroom has only one bed. The Inn does not have “double rooms” with two beds. We can accommodate additional guests in a limited number of rooms for a fee of $50 per night per person; please inquire before making your reservation. If an air mattress or cot is used, there will also be a one-time fee for $25.
- Minimum Stay Requirements: Due to high demand and limited rooms a two-night minimum is required for all reservations. Single night stays may be booked upon inquiry. Call the Inn at 207-723-5045.
- No Smoking Policy: We offer a non-smoking, non-vaping environment whilst inside the lodge; guests who disregard our policy will be charged a $250 housekeeping fee for additional room cleaning. We offer a designated smoking area outside.
- Alcohol/Liquor: The 5 Lakes Lodge has a Maine State Liquor License and we offer a selection of wine and local craft beer for sale by the bottle or can. Per Maine State Law all alcohol consumed in the Inn’s common areas (indoors and outdoors) must be purchased on premises. If you bring in alcoholic beverages of your own, you may enjoy them in the privacy of your guestroom ONLY.
- Cell Phone: In consideration of other guests, we ask that you refrain from speaking on your cell phone in the dining room, other common areas and on the patio. No audible electronics of any kind may be used in these areas.
- Gratuity: A gratuity is a thoughtful gesture toward your housekeeping team and breakfast servers. If you are pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of your accommodations, you may leave a cash gratuity to your bill upon request. You may also leave gratuities for breakfast servers on the table or give them to the innkeeper.